Sunday, 12 January 2014

Sunday Sounds of Summer

To celebrate Summer, every Sunday l 'm sharing music that captures the essence of the season.

As requested here, this week l'm sharing the classic Don Henley song Boys of Summer.

Gosh this song was huge when l was a kid.  I remember taping it off the radio on to a cassette and rewinding it over and over again until l learnt all the words. 

Oh, and those lyrics....."A little voice inside by head said don't look back, you can never look back".  I remember that little nine year old girl singing them with such conviction.... Enjoy xx




 

10 comments:

  1. Oh my, recording on to a cassette tape...I am sorry to say I remember those days :) Great song!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was feeling really nostalgic this morning about recording mixed tapes off the radio. Gosh you really had to work hard for them - knowing the first few chords of the song you wanted to tape, being able to press the record button quickly enough so you didn't miss the start of the song and then knowing when to press stop so you didn’t get those pesky dj voices on your tape :-) All skills that today’s generations wouldn’t understand !

      Delete
    2. And what about when your tape player chewed up the tape and you had to start again?

      Delete
    3. Yep, l'm hearing you..... l remember that too.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. I've really been enjoying this series, it's been a lot of fun to find so many songs that say 'summer' :) Hope you enjoyed the trip down memory lane.

      Delete
  3. Amazing, isn't it, how as kids we took the words to songs to these songs to heart....and how those same songs bring us right back to that time!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's amazing isn't it? Music has always been a big part of my life...and songs transport me back to so many different parts of my life. I think the reason why l love 70's and 80's music so much is that it reminds me of when l was a kid. :)

      Delete
  4. ohhh, i know this song! i didn't know when i was reading the post, but then as the music started playing i was like, "ohhh, yeah!"

    this is a good song (kind of old, at least, before my time, i think?) definitely a sound of summer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you enjoyed it Amber, but you know it's not that old? 1984 isn't old is it ?? ;)

      Delete